Developing a regular gym routine does wonders for our health, but it can be difficult to stay motivated before and during the workout.
Let’s admit it, the act of exercising itself is not always enjoyable. We do it principally for the results and future health benefits, but it can be difficult to get through the stress and pain of the actual physical exercises.
That’s why the majority of people look for ways to take their minds off the actual work, commonly by listening to music.
Music not only offers a distraction but also brings about the motivation and stimulation needed to maximize effort. You might not feel like hitting the gym today, but put on your favorite music and all of a sudden you’re energized and ready to go.
This is where hearing aids can be useful for those with hearing loss.
With compatible hearing aid models, you can stream your favorite music directly from your music player or smartphone to your hearing aids—without any wires getting in the way.
As an alternative, if you’re in the learning mode, you can also stream your favorite podcasts or internet based courses, strengthening both your mental and physical health at the same time.
Have a fitness partner instead?
The latest hearing aid models, equipped with directional microphones, target and accentuate speech while curbing background noise, making it easier to hold a discussion with your partner in a fast paced gym.
For all these reasons hearing aids are worthwhile gym equipment, but you might be worried about possible damage to the device from perspiration and moisture.
While the majority of hearing aid models are resistant against dirt and moisture to some degree, there are a number of accessories you can use to preserve your hearing aids at the gym.
Give some thought to investing in:
- Hearing aid sweatbands – these absorbent sleeves fit over your hearing aids, safeguarding them from sweat and dirt.
- Hearing aid clips – helps to avoid damage or loss if your hearing aids become inadvertently dislodged from your ears.
- Batteries – retaining an extra pair on hand assures you won’t run out of power mid-workout.
- Cleaning kits – helps clean and sanitize your hearing aids after your workout.
- Hearing aid dehumidifier – well worth investing in for three reasons: dehumidifiers 1) eliminate moisture, 2) sanitize using UV light, and 3) provide a safe place for overnight storage.
With a little planning, you can safely enjoy all the benefits of hearing aids at the gym.
If you have any questions, or want to get more information about hearing aid accessories for the gym, send us a message or give us a call!